Health Tip: Allergic to Latex?09/18/13
(HealthDay News) -- Among people with a latex allergy, exposure
to the material can lead to a serious -- potentially deadly --
The American Latex Allergy Association suggests you take these
precautions if you have a latex allergy:
- Wear medic alert identification.
- Always carry with you any prescribed allergy medications,
non-latex gloves and a letter of explanation from your
- Make sure your health-care providers, family, friends and
co-workers know about your allergy.
- Avoid items typically made with latex, such as balloons,
condoms and rubber gloves.
- Talk to your allergist about how to avoid hidden sources of
latex, such as foods prepared by people wearing latex gloves.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.