Health Tip: Can I Take an NSAID?10/04/13
(HealthDay News) -- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
(NSAIDs) are common pain-relieving medications that often are
However, the American Academy of Family Physicians says some
people shouldn't take these drugs, among them:
- People with an allergy to pain relievers, including
- People who drink three or more alcoholic beverages per
- People who have stomach or intestinal bleeding, or peptic
- People who have kidney disease, heart disease or liver
- People with a bleeding disorder or who take medication to thin
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.