Health Tip: Looking for Senior Housing?10/14/13
(HealthDay News) -- When looking for senior housing, whether a
nursing home or assisted living facility, check for factors that
will help make the home safer and more comfortable.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these
- Look for a residence in a safe neighborhood, close to family
- Consider proximity to local groceries and shops.
- Make sure the facility's appearance is clean, odor-free,
comfortable and well-kept, both inside and out.
- Find out how many people live in the residence, and check out
the floor plan to make sure it's easy to navigate.
- Look for common areas and outdoor areas where seniors can
- Find out if residents may come and go independently.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.