Health Tip: Exercising After Breast Cancer10/16/13
(HealthDay News) -- Getting regular exercise can help breast
cancer survivors regain strength and stamina.
The American Council on Exercise offers this advice:
- Before starting exercise, talk to your doctor about any
limitations, restrictions, precautions or recommended fitness
- Consider working with a professional fitness instructor or
physical therapist who has experience with breast cancer
- Start out slowly, even if you were active before your
- Give yourself time to rest between exercise periods, and see
your doctor if you have any problems.
- Seek support from other breast cancer survivors.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.