Health Tip: Don't Get Lost During a Camping Trip10/17/13
(HealthDay News) -- Camping is a fun family activity, and a
great way to enjoy the outdoors. But parents should teach their
children about what to do if they get lost.
The Nemours Foundation offers these parental reminders:
- Make sure kids remember landmarks during a hike and at the
- Practice turning around and looking behind you during a hike to
become familiar with the area you've just passed.
- If lost, make sure your child knows to stay put and remain
- Have everyone carry a cell phone, assuming there is local
- If there is no local cell phone service, make sure children
wear a whistle that can be heard from a long distance.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.