Health Tip: Create an Asthma Action Plan10/21/13
(HealthDay News) -- An asthma action plan is a written guide
that explains how to manage your asthma, and instructions for when
to call the doctor or head to the emergency room.
The American Lung Association says your asthma action plan
- Basic personal information, including your name.
- Emergency contact information.
- Your health-care provider's contact information.
- Classification for your asthma's severity.
- A list of things that may trigger an asthma attack.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.