Health Tip: If You're Feeling Forgetful10/24/13
(HealthDay News) -- Forgetfulness may be a normal sign of aging,
or a warning sign of a condition such as Alzheimer's disease.
In case of the former, the National Institute on Aging suggests
how to help sharpen your memory:
- Create lists or use a calendar.
- Associate what you want to remember with something meaningful,
such as a favorite song or TV show.
- Engage in new hobbies that challenge you physically and
- Get plenty of regular exercise.
- Limit alcohol consumption.
- Find healthy ways to manage anxiety and stress, and see a
doctor if you struggle with these feelings.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.