Health Tip: Participating in Pulmonary Rehabilitation10/28/13
(HealthDay News) -- Exercise is a challenge when you have
difficulty breathing. Pulmonary rehabilitation -- rehab for your
lungs -- can help you breathe a little easier.
The American Council on Exercise says most pulmonary
rehabilitation programs involve:
- Participating in cardiovascular, flexibility and strengthening
- Exercising under the supervision of trained professionals.
- Monitoring symptoms and medication changes to make sure you
exercise safely and effectively.
- Learning about breathing techniques, managing symptoms and
- Getting social support from others with lung conditions.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.