Health Tip: Getting Rid of Refrigerator Odors10/29/13
(HealthDay News) -- Cleaning out your refrigerator regularly can
help get rid of germs and odors.
The U.S. Food Safety and Inspection Service offers these
- Create a solution of equal parts vinegar and water, and wipe
down surfaces inside the refrigerator.
- Scrub the inside (including gaskets, drawers, shelves and
sides) with a mixture of baking soda and water.
- Roll up newspapers, stuff them in the fridge and leave for a
few days. When removed, wash with the vinegar and water solution
- Place baking soda or coffee grounds in an open container.
- Soak a cotton swab in vanilla and place in the freezer for
- If you can't get rid of stubborn odors, try a commercial
solution, and follow the label's instructions.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.