Health Tip: Prepare for Your Child's First Dental Visit10/31/13
(HealthDay News) -- Baby's first dental visit is very important,
even if there is only one tooth.
The American Dental Association explains what should happen at
your child's first visit with the dentist:
- A careful examination to look for any injuries, cavities or any
other problems with your child's mouth or teeth.
- An evaluation of your child's risk for tooth decay.
- A thorough cleaning of your child's teeth, and suggestions on
how to care for teeth daily.
- A discussion of your child's use of pacifiers or thumb-sucking,
as well as teething.
- A plan for any needed treatments.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.