Health Tip: Get Exercise Every Day11/08/13
(HealthDay News) -- Daily exercise needn't feel like a burden.
It can be as simple as taking a daily stroll with the family.
The American College of Sports Medicine suggests how to be more
active every day:
- Take regular walks -- after dinner with the family, a walk
instead of a drive or take the dog for a stroll.
- Enjoy your favorite TV shows, but get up and take an exercise
break during commercials. When reading, get some exercise after
every six pages.
- Walk quickly or run while doing errands. Walk the escalators
instead of just riding on them.
- Do laps through the aisles of the grocery store, or walk
quickly on your trip to the mall.
- Start an active new hobby, such as biking or hiking.
- If you're on the phone, walk around while you chat.
- Dance to your favorite music, or engage in active play with
your kids for at least 30 minutes each day.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.