Health Tip: Ease the Sting of Strep Throat11/15/13
(HealthDay News) -- Strep throat is a bacterial infection that
causes a severe sore throat, which can make swallowing and eating
The Nemours Foundation suggests how to soothe the pain of strep
throat in children:
- Offer fluids such as ginger ale or water, but avoid acidic
beverages such as orange juice, lemonade or grapefruit juice.
- Feed your child warm soup.
- Give your child warm sweetened tea or hot chocolate.
- Make sure your child finishes any prescription antibiotic.
- Encourage your child to cover the nose and mouth when coughing
or sneezing. Do not share utensils with your child.
- Ask your child's doctor when he or she can return to
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.