Health Tip: Limiting Kids' TV Time11/26/13
(HealthDay News) -- If you decide your children are spending too
much time in front of the television, the University of Michigan
Health System offers this advice for limiting kids' TV time:
- Set rules about when TV is not allowed, such as during meals or
- Restrict TV to no more than two hours per day.
- Don't allow your child to watch TV until homework and chores
are finished. If your child is doing poorly in school, consider
abolishing TV altogether.
- Focus on conversation instead of television, and spend more
time reading together.
- Encourage physical activity and hobbies.
- Don't use TV as a reward, punishment or babysitter.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.