Health Tip: Avoid Holiday Weight Gain11/28/13
(HealthDay News) -- The edible temptations may be endless during
the holiday season. Experts say you should focus on maintaining
your current weight, forgetting the notion that the holidays are a
good time to lose a few pounds.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these tips to help avoid holiday
- Get regular exercise every day. In fact, add some exercise to
your daily routine to burn off any extra calories.
- Eat at least seven servings of fruits and vegetables each day
to help fill you up without overloading on calories.
- Avoid temptations when possible; try to indulge in just one
holiday treat per day.
- Eat something healthy before you head to a party.
- Make smart choices at the holiday buffet, and limit portion
- Don't be afraid to turn down a treat. Make the holidays more
about socializing than eating.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.