Health Tip: Cleaning Baby Bottles12/03/13
(HealthDay News) -- Sterilizing baby bottles between feedings
can help kill germs lurking inside.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests cleaning baby
- Filling a clean sink with hot, soapy water.
- Putting all bottles -- including nipples, rings and caps --
into the soapy water.
- Clean the inside of each bottle using a brush, then rinse away
soapy water with fresh water.
- Use a nipple brush to clean nipples, making sure to squirt
soapy water through the nipple.
- Rinse all bottle parts under clean running water.
- Use sanitized tongs to touch sanitized bottles and parts. Allow
them to dry in a dish drainer.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.