Health Tip: Recognizing Shin Splints12/10/13
(HealthDay News) -- Shin splints are a common running injury.
They occur when the tissue, muscles and tendons near the tibia bone
in the front of the leg become inflamed.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says common
symptoms of shin splints include:
- Pain along the front of the tibia.
- Swelling around the front of the leg.
- Pain in the leg ranging from a dull, throbbing ache to a
- Pain that occurs during and after exercise.
- Tenderness when the painful area is touched.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.