Health Tip: Cleaning Up Mold12/17/13
(HealthDay News) -- If you see or smell mold in your home, the
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends these
- Use a diluted bleach solution (no more than 1 cup bleach per
gallon of water), soap and water or a commercial cleaning product.
Use with a stiff brush.
- Never mix bleach with any other household chemical, as the
mixture can produce toxic fumes.
- Wear non-porous gloves and protective eyewear. Open windows for
- Consult the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (epa.gov) for
information about cleaning areas of mold greater than 10 square
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.