Health Tip: Enjoy a Healthy Holiday Gathering12/20/13
(HealthDay News) -- When spending time at holiday get-togethers,
make sure your visits are healthy for the entire family.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these
- Serve healthy meals and snacks.
- Make sure food is cooked properly to reduce the risk of
- Engage in activities that involve exercise, such as dancing,
hiking or walking.
- When catching up with family members, ask about their health
- Take precautions for safe travel.
- Remain environmentally conscious throughout the holiday
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.