Health Tip: When Baby Spits Up Excessively12/30/13
(HealthDay News) -- Some babies spit up frequently, but there
are things parents can do to help prevent the problem.
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers these suggestions:
- Feed smaller amounts more frequently, rather than fewer larger
- Take frequent "burp breaks" during feedings, and burp baby
after a feeding.
- Avoid tummy time immediately after a feeding; keep baby upright
for 30 minutes after eating.
- Discuss alternative formulas with your pediatrician if baby
shows signs of formula intolerance.
- Talk to the pediatrician about mixing a small amount of cereal
with baby's formula to help prevent reflux.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.