Health Tip: Take Care of Your Glucose Meter12/30/13
(HealthDay News) -- Caring for your glucose meter can help you
get the most accurate blood sugar results.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration mentions these
- Before use, read the instructions for both your glucose meter
and test strips.
- Make sure you use the appropriate test strips for your
- Always wash hands before testing.
- Keep a log with results and the date and time you tested, even
if your glucose meter does this for you.
- Follow the instructions on how to appropriately clean your
glucose meter, and avoid any harsh cleaners.
- Bring your meter with you to doctor's visits.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.