Health Tip: Stock Your Car for Winter Weather01/03/14
(HealthDay News) -- With the onset of winter weather, it's a
good idea to stock your car with a seasonal emergency kit.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends
these cold-weather essentials:
- Blankets to keep warm.
- A stash of non-perishable foods and fresh water.
- A first aid kit.
- Cat litter or sand in case you need traction.
- Jumper cables, flares and a tire pump.
- Maps and a compass, and a stash of plastic bags.
- A battery-powered radio, flashlight and an extra supply of
Copyright © 2014
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.