Health Tip: Why Babies Wake at Night01/08/14
(HealthDay News) -- Many babies and young children struggle to
sleep all night, which makes for tired parents.
The University of Michigan Health System says potential risk
factors for night waking include:
- Having birth complications, including premature birth.
- Having a difficult temperament.
- Being breast-fed.
- Co-sleeping with parents.
- Feeding at night, because the toddler requires it or it's
become a habit.
- Having family issues that involve stress or depression.
Copyright © 2014
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.