Health Tip: Is Your Baby Eating Enough?01/08/14
(HealthDay News) -- New moms often worry if baby is getting
enough to eat. Experts say baby may offer signs of malnutrition if
you pay attention.
The American Academy of Pediatrics says these potential signs
- When a nursing baby stops breast-feeding after 10 minutes or
- When baby has fewer than four wet diapers a day.
- When during the first month of life, baby has infrequent or
very hard stools.
- When soon after a feeding, baby appears hungry or looks for
something to suck on.
- When during the first week of life, baby's skin tone appears
Copyright © 2014
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.