Health Tip: Don't Think of Exercise as a Chore01/09/14
(HealthDay News) -- If you think of exercise as a chore that you
haveto do, it can be more difficult to stick with it.
The Weight-Control Information Network offers these suggestions
for making exercise fun:
- Figure out which fitness activities you enjoy most, and
incorporate them into your exercise routine. Try to vary the
routine so you don't become bored.
- Walk with a friend or family member, or sign up together for an
- Build a community or backyard garden, and work in it
- Exercise in short spurts, such as three 10-minute walks.
- If you are concerned about exercising outdoors for safety
reasons, join a local gym.
Copyright © 2014
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.