Health Tip: Packing Baby's Diaper Bag01/16/14
(HealthDay News) -- Before you head out with baby in tow, make
sure you've safely and properly packed a diaper bag.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these
- Bring along unopened jars of commercial baby food.
- Use ready-to-feed or powdered formula, or other foods that
don't require refrigeration.
- Pack an insulated container with ice packs for perishables such
as breast milk. When you're done traveling, store in the
- Keep spoons and forks in a separate bag to keep them
- Use hand-sanitizing wipes or a bottle of sanitizer before
feeding baby or after changing a diaper.
- Keep soiled diapers away from food and bottles.
Copyright © 2014
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.