Health Tip: Keep Nails Healthy01/17/14
(HealthDay News) -- The condition of finger nails and toe nails
can indicate overall health, so it's important to keep your nails
neat and clean.
The American Academy of Dermatology offers these healthy-nail
- Keep nails clean, dry and trimmed straight across. File finger
nails with an emery board to avoid snags.
- Never bite your nails, and leave cuticles intact.
- Don't use nails as a tool for jobs such as opening soda
- If you have any ingrown nails, don't dig them out yourself. See
a medical professional for treatment.
- Soak feet in a warm salt water solution before trimming toe
nails if they are thick and difficult to cut.
- Wear properly fitted shoes, and protect feet from germs with
flip flops or sandals while at the pool or locker room.
Copyright © 2014
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.