Health Tip: Driving Down the Highway02/18/14
(HealthDay News) -- While you're cruising down the highway,
always make sure you're awake and alert.
The American Red Cross offers these safety suggestions:
- Make sure you stay alert and are well-rested.
- Wear your seat belt.
- Don't exceed the speed limit.
- Slow down in work zones.
- Never talk on a cell phone.
- If taking a long trip, stop frequently for breaks, and switch
- Maintain space between other vehicles, and be mindful of other
- Make sure all headlights, tail lights, signal lights and
windows are clean.
- Turn on headlights at dusk, and make sure they're on any time
you use your windshield wipers.
Copyright © 2014
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.