Health Tip: Cut Down on Sugar02/21/14
(HealthDay News) -- Too much sugar in your diet can lead to a
host of health problems, from rotting your teeth to bulging your
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests how to cut
down on sugar:
- Avoid baked goodies, candy and other sweets.
- Stick to heart-healthy meals and snacks, focusing on whole
grains, lean proteins, fruits and vegetables.
- Drink water instead of sugary beverages.
- Avoid processed foods, which tend to be high in sugar, salt and
- Look for recipes that use less sugar, or use unsweetened
applesauce or sugar substitutes.
Copyright © 2014
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.