Health Tip: When Baby's Cries Signal Trouble03/06/14
(HealthDay News) -- Babies cry as a way to communicate. And
sometimes this indicates a serious problem.
The University of Michigan Health System mentions these warning
signs of an infant's need for medical attention:
- Baby cries non-stop for more than three hours, and the cries
are particularly intense or shrill.
- Baby just can't be comforted.
- Baby's belly is tense or firm.
- Baby has never had a crying episode like this.
- Baby seems sick or in pain, or has a temperature of more than
- Baby has diarrhea or is vomiting.
Copyright © 2014
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.