Health Tip: Limit Food Portions03/14/14
(HealthDay News) -- Limiting how much you eat during each meal
can make it easier to lose any extra pounds.
The Weight-Loss Information Network offers this advice to help
you control portion sizes:
- Measure one serving (according to the product label) and serve
it on a plate or bowl rather than eating straight out of the
- To better enjoy your food, don't eat while watching TV or
- Eat from smaller dishes and use smaller glasses. Take your
- Focus especially on portion sizes for dishes higher in calories
- Store and freeze extra food immediately, so you're not tempted
- Don't skip meals. Hunger may prompt you to overeat.
- Choose healthy, low-calorie snacks and divide into individual
- When indulging in a treat, measure a single-serving size.
Copyright © 2014
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.