Health Tip: Protect Your Kidneys03/21/14
(HealthDay News) -- Keeping your kidneys healthy is extremely
important, particularly if you have a chronic disease such as
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests how
to protect the kidneys:
- Maintain healthy blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables, and cut back on foods high in
- Get plenty of regular physical activity.
- If you take any medications, do so as the label and your doctor
- Keep diabetes in check by maintaining target blood glucose and
getting regular A1c checks at least twice annually.
Copyright © 2014
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.