Health Tip: Practice Biking Safety04/15/14
(HealthDay News) -- If you're out biking, make sure you follow
the rules of the road to stay safe.
The Washington State Department of Transportation offers these
- Follow all traffic signs and signals, pass only on the left,
follow lane markings and ride in the same direction as
- Every so often, check behind you as you ride. Make sure you
keep both hands on the bars.
- Dress in weather-appropriate clothing, and always wear your
- Never wear headphones, so you can hear any cars and
- Use hand signals, and be on the lookout for road hazards.
- When biking at night, make sure you use a headlight and a rear
reflector so drivers can see you.
Copyright © 2014
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.