Health Tip: Getting Rid of Dust Mites04/21/14
(HealthDay News) -- Dust mites can worsen allergies and asthma
symptoms. But keeping your home clean can help keep dust mites at
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency offers these
suggestions to help banish dust mites:
- Wash all linens and bedding weekly in very hot water, and dry
- Protect mattresses and pillows with dust-proof covers.
- Make sure all carpets and furniture are cleaned weekly with a
vacuum equipped with a HEPA filter.
- Give children washable stuffed toys, and wash these items
regularly in hot water.
- Dust your home frequently with a damp cloth.
Copyright © 2014
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.