Health Tip: Warning Signs of Social Anxiety Disorder04/25/14
(HealthDay News) -- Social anxiety disorder can make seemingly
simple social engagements seem like a nightmare.
The U.S. National Institute on Mental Health says common
symptoms of social anxiety disorder include:
- Finding it difficult and nerve-wracking to have a conversation
with other people.
- Feeling extremely embarrassed and self-conscious in front of
- Having constant fear of being judged by others.
- Avoiding social activities or worrying for weeks before an
- Having difficulty making friends and maintaining
- Having physical symptoms such as trembling, blushing, sweating
or feeling nauseous when around others.
Copyright © 2014
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.