Health Tip: Help Manage IBS With Diet04/30/14
(HealthDay News) -- Irritable bowel syndrome is a collection of
symptoms that can be aggravated by the foods you eat and how much
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics recommends these dietary
changes to help keep IBS in check:
- Eat at consistent times each day to help regulate bowel
- Avoid large, heavy meals in favor of smaller, lighter
- Eat plenty of foods rich in fiber, such as whole grains and
- Drink plenty of water and other fluids. Limit alcohol, caffeine
and artificial sweeteners.
- Keep a food diary to help identify problem foods and poor
Copyright © 2014
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.