Health Tip: How Many Zzzz's Do You Need?05/08/14
(HealthDay News) -- Sufficient sleep is essential to help you
feel sharp, focused and well. So, are you getting enough?
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these
guidelines by age:
- Newborns need 16 hours to 18 hours of sleep each day.
- Children in preschool need 11 hours to 12 hours of sleep per
- School-aged children should get a minimum of 10 hours of sleep
- Teens should get a minimum of nine hours of sleep each
- Adults, including seniors, need seven hours to eight hours of
Copyright © 2014
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.