Health Tip: Is Your Teen Abusing Alcohol?06/17/14
(HealthDay News) -- A teen may not be forthright in telling you
about drinking alcohol, but there may be warning signs.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these signals
that your teen has been drinking:
- Smelling alcohol near your teen.
- Noticing a difference in your teen's mood, or changes in the
teen's attendance, behavior or grades.
- Sensing a loss of interest in school activities or sports.
- Behaving secretively, or withdrawing from family and
- Hanging out with a new group of friends, particularly if the
teen doesn't want you to meet them.
- Noticing that alcohol is disappearing from your house.
- Seeming depressed or withdrawn.
Copyright © 2014
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.