Health Tip: Soothing Bug Bites07/22/14
(HealthDay News) -- Nothing can ruin a nice summer evening
faster than being bitten by bugs.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests how to take the
sting out of those itchy or painful bumps:
- Use calamine lotion liberally, taking care to avoid the eyes
- Apply a cold compress to areas that are irritated.
- For bee or wasp stings, soak a cloth in cold water and hold
over the sting.
- Promptly remove a stinger if stung by a bee to stem the release
- Consult a doctor before applying any other treatments, or if
itching is severe.
Copyright © 2014
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.