Health Tip: Working Out at Work07/22/14
(HealthDay News) -- Finding ways to exercise at work can save
you time and help make sure you get enough physical activity.
The American Council on Exercise offers these tips to help you
get exercise during your work day:
- Exercise during your commute, if possible. Ride your bike or
walk part of the route.
- Find simple ways to exercise, such as getting to work early and
walking for 30 minutes around the building. Or work out at the end
of the day while letting traffic dissipate.
- Ask a buddy to take a lunchtime walk.
- Join a workplace fitness center or nearby gym.
- Pack elastic tubing and keep it in your desk for some squeezes.
Or use the stairs for a quick workout.
Copyright © 2014
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.