Health Tip: Keep Youngsters Outside the Pool07/24/14
(HealthDay News) -- Toddlers are so curious that they're
naturally drawn to an unattended pool. That's a recipe for
The Poolsafety.gov website says pool owners should take these
precautions to keep curious youngsters safe:
- Install around any pool or spa a fence at least 4 feet high
with self-latching gates.
- Install a lockable safety cover over the pool.
- Install door alarms and window guards on the back of the home
if it serves as a wall to enclose the pool.
- Equip the pool with gate and pool alarms that will let you know
if a child goes near the pool.
- Make sure pool drains are compliant, and that pool covers don't
- Use an underwater alarm or surface wave for additional
Copyright © 2014
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.