In the last decade, the Crouse Hospital Auxiliary has donated more than $2 million dollars to the hospital.
In recent years, Auxiliary funding has supported critical areas of the hospital, including:
- Witting Surgical Center: $900,000
- Surgical Equipment: $20,000
- Kienzle Family Maternity Center: $500,000
- Community Room (Marley Education Center): $500,000
- ICU/Dialysis Renovations: $125,000
- Breast Health Center Mammography Equipment: $96,000
- Women’s HeartAdvantage: $20,000
- ICU Waiting Room Furnishings: $20,000
- Bladder Scanner for Med/Surgical Areas: $10,000
- Bassinettes/Chairs: $9,400
- Emergency Department: $45,000
The Auxiliary also funds ongoing commitments in support of Crouse Hospital:
- Visit to Hospital Land community service program: The Auxiliary is the sole funder of this acclaimed educational program, which introduces first-graders to what a hospital stay involves.
- Distinguished Service Scholarship: Awarded annually to a Crouse Hospital School of Nursing student in honor of our annual Distinguished Service honoree.
- Dr. William Wallace Scholarships: Awarded annually to five Crouse Hospital School of Nursing students in memory of Dr. Wallace.
- Dorothy Pellenz Care and Share Fund: For social work needs, upon request.
Lily Wicks Fund: For private duty nursing needs, upon request.
Member dues fund all Auxiliary operating expenses, allowing nearly 100 percent of fundraising dollars to be contributed to the hospital.
A major source of income for the Auxiliary is the hospital’s Gift Shop, managed and staffed primarily by volunteers.
Lights of Love
The Auxiliary’s major fundraiser on behalf of Crouse Hospital is Lights of Love, an annual campaign that involves the illumination of the iconic Crouse clock tower in 3,000 white lights — a highly visible symbol of the holiday season in Central New York.
Other Fundraising Activities
The Crouse Hospital Auxiliary holds events during the year which also raise much-needed funds for the hospital, including fashion shows and their Retail Therapy event, always a big crowd-pleaser. Auxiliary members also coordinate various retail sales in the hospital for employees and visitors, and realize income from TV/telephone patient rentals, vending machines and baby photos.