The Crouse Hospital College of Nursing's mission is to prepare a clinically competent professional nurse for hospital and community practice.
We achieve our mission by adhering to our core values. We provide:
Holistic and compassionate approaches to care by:
Excellence in education by:
- Assisting individuals to attain or maintain their optimum state of wellness
- Respecting clients as culturally diverse individuals within communities, groups and families
- Recognizing health as a dynamic state reflecting integration of mind, body and spirit
- Reflecting the characteristics of honesty, integrity, and personal responsibility
- Embracing the community that serves us as we learn to serve them
- Utilizing dynamic learning environments
- Being responsive to changes in healthcare
- Supporting student centered and practice based education
- Promoting life long learning and advanced education
- Encouraging interaction, exploration, and collaborative learning
- Incorporating evidenced based practice in multiple venues
Since its inception, Crouse Hospital College of Nursing has remained dedicated to providing students with the most advanced nursing education. Throughout its long and esteemed history, Crouse Hospital School of Nursing has overcome change. Yet, one thing has remained the same: a tradition of excellence.
Crouse Hospital, as it is currently configured, came into existence in 1968 through the merger of Crouse Irving Hospital and Syracuse Memorial Hospital. Prior to this establishment of Crouse Irving Memorial Hospital, the two separate hospitals each had their own respective schools of nursing.
In 1991, the Marley Education Center, which currently houses the school of nursing, opened. The school was renamed Crouse Hospital School of Nursing in 1997 to reflect the name change of the hospital. In 2011, the Crouse Hospital School of Nursing became a College of Nursing. Through the years, the school has graduated more than 5,000 professional nurses who have gone on to pursue successful nursing careers across the country.