Mission: Pomeroy College of Nursing at Crouse Hospital’s mission is to prepare a clinically competent professional nurse for hospital and community practice.
Vision: Pomeroy College of Nursing at Crouse Hospital will be a leading nursing program graduating highly qualified professional nurses committed to excellence.
We achieve our mission by adhering to our core values. We provide:
Holistic and compassionate approaches to care by:
- Assisting individuals to attain or maintain their optimum state of wellness
- Respecting clients as culturally diverse individuals within communities, groups and families
- Recognizing health as a dynamic state reflecting integration of mind, body and spirit
- Reflecting the characteristics of honesty, integrity, and personal responsibility
- Embracing the community that serves us as we learn to serve them
Excellence in education by:
- Utilizing dynamic learning environments
- Being responsive to changes in healthcare
- Supporting student centered and practice based education
- Promoting life long learning and advanced education
- Encouraging interaction, exploration, and collaborative learning
- Incorporating evidenced based practice in multiple venues