Crouse Health Library is committed to promoting information literacy and provides varied educational opportunities for Crouse Health staff, students and patients and their families. Learn how to use our online resources, effectively search for healthcare information and use other information support tools.
Not finding what you are looking for? Let us know what training you would like us to offer. You may request a class by calling 315-470-7380.
|The following classes are available upon request for your group or one-on-one personal time:|
|Evidence-Based Nursing:||Evidence-based practice (EBP) is a systematic approach to problem solving using the best evidence currently available for clinical decision making. In this introductory class, clinical and non-clinical staff from a variety of healthcare settings will benefit from learning the basic principles of EBP and the process of searching for the best evidence.|
|Health Literacy||Health literacy has been defined as having the ability to obtain process and understand basic health information and services and then act on that information.
In this introductory class, clinical and non-clinical staff from a variety of healthcare settings will learn to recognize hidden barriers to and practical strategies to support caring for people with low health literacy.
|Health & Wellness:||Search the National Library of Medicine’s MedlinePlus for a wide range of consumer health information on the Internet. Excellent for patients, family members or your personal medical information needs (always consult with your doctor!).|
|Library Home Page/
Direct links to Full Text Material:
|Learn about Crouse Health Library’s services and products:
• How to request an article or literature search from the library’s website
• How to use Electronic Journals A-Z for full text availability and in-house collection locations
• Access CrouseCat, the online catalog
• Receive a guided tour of our databases
• Download apps for mobile access to selected resources
• Utilize an Athens login for off-site databases access
• Participate in the Library’s iPad loan program
• Reserve a library room for private study or group instruction
|APA||Learn the basics of APA Style, 6th edition|
For questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 315-470-7380.