With books, multimedia and journal subscriptions available through specialized databases, the Crouse Health Library provide comprehensive health science, medical and nursing resources. Collection strengths include nursing and leadership development.
The Library seats 125 with private study areas and tables for groups, 13 public access PCs and a coffee bar. Wireless service is available. Our Library’s conference room with 5 work stations and projector, a training center with 12 work stations and interactive white board, and a private study room with one work station are available by reservation.
Pomeroy College of Nursing students: Please visit the Library’s Moodle page for E-Reserves and other helpful resources.
Materials are available for loan to Pomeroy College of Nursing students and Crouse Hospital employees.
- Books and multimedia may be out on loan for up to four weeks
- Materials in the reference section are available for overnight loan
- Journals do not circulate
- Renewals can be requested if item is not needed by another student/employee
- Interlibrary loan services to access materials not available through the Crouse Hospital library collections or through SUNY Upstate University’s library collections are available to all Crouse-affiliated students and staff
- For students and hospital employees, printing/copying services are available. Please contact Library staff for specific instructions.
- Faculty and staff may use library photocopier/printers or request library staff to do copying (requests must comply with Copyright Compliance Guidelines).
Staff may request searches of the literature by using our Ask a Librarian feature or calling 315-470-7380. Turnaround time is usually within 24 hours. We are happy to assist students and employees engaged in continuing education in conducting literature searches.
Copyright & Fair Use
Films, images, articles and other resources found on the internet are not always freely available. Permission sometimes needs to be sought and fair use in education has its limits. For instance, articles used for multiple semesters is prohibited without the author’s permission or through fees submitted to the Copyright Clearance Center.
The following sites help explain copyright and fair use:
Access From Home
Athens Sign In: All library databases and journal subscriptions are available onsite at Crouse Hospital with no sign-on required. From offsite locations, Athens accounts provide Crouse-affiliated students and employees with Web-based access to numerous Crouse Hospital Library databases with one convenient sign-on.
For more information about signing up for Athens, contact the Library at 315-470-7380.