Our low faculty/student ratio exemplifies our commitment to the success of each student. Nursing education is an ongoing process that engenders development of the necessary characteristics to begin a career in nursing. Our faculty educates the nurses of tomorrow by setting examples today. You’ll be given an array of support services including faculty advisement, instructional resources, career counseling and job placement.
Sample Curriculum Plans
Two-Year Associate Degree Program
Five-Semester Associate Degree Program
Based on Crouse Hospital College of Nursing’s philosophy, the faculty has identified the following objectives. Graduates of the nursing program are prepared to:
- Integrate scientific concepts from the natural and social sciences in management of care of individuals, families and groups with needs arising from complex health problems.
- Apply the nursing process in the care of individuals, families and groups with complex health care needs across the life span.
- Implement appropriate psychomotor nursing interventions.
- Apply appropriate teaching-leaning principles to provide health information to individuals, families and groups.
- Manage care of individuals and families in collaboration with the health care team.
- Communicate professionally with all members of the health care team.
- Utilize therapeutic communication skills with individuals, families and groups.
- Adhere to professional standards for own nursing practice.