Crouse Hospital has been caring for generations of families for more than 130 years. We offer a full range of general and specialty care, inpatient and outpatient services and community health education and outreach programs.
Throughout more than a century of changes, our vision has always been to serve the community.
To provide the best in patient care and to promote community health.
To be a leading healthcare provider in Central New York by…
- Service excellence: Anticipating and exceeding expectations of all we serve: our patients and their families, providers, employees, students volunteers and other partners;
- Dynamic work environment: Fostering an environment where all are valued and respected, and passion and opportunities for professional growth are encouraged;
- Building on centers of clinical and organizational excellence: Doing the right thing by focusing on evidence-based patient- and family-centered care, a commitment to safety, the importance of learning and our mission, vision and values;
- Innovation and collaboration: Building/fostering partnerships to enhance care, meet community need and anticipate the demands of a dynamic healthcare environment;
- Financial and resource stewardship: Keeping Crouse strong through the responsible use of financial and human resources.
In early 2004, a team of committed, engaged and passionate employees from all levels of Crouse Hospital came together in focus group sessions to identify values and behaviors that would form the foundation for the hospital’s culture.
The Crouse values are not just words on paper – they provide the framework for how we as a team provide care and services to our community. They are tools to help us work as a team, to guide us, to problem solve and to challenge ourselves constructively with one focus always at the forefront: our mission.
Community – working together
Respect – honor, dignity and trust
Open and honest communication
Undivided commitment to quality
Service to our patients, physicians and employees
Excellence through innovation and creativity