What do I need to bring?
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Physician prescription, if you have one. Many physicians will send the prescription directly to Crouse Hospital.
- Photo ID
- Your insurance card
- Other information given to you by your physician (old exam images, medical reports or blood work results)
- If you are under the age of 18, you must be accompanied by a legal guardian
What happens when I arrive at my appointment?
When you arrive:
- Sign in at the front desk, and our staff will assist you in registering.
- One of our patient registrars will work with you to gather your information.
- You’ll then return to the reception area where an Imaging Technologist will meet you.
You may be asked to drink some water or flavored contrast while you wait.
Will I have to wait a long time?
If you have waited more than 10 minutes with no explanation for the delay, please inquire at the front desk for an update. While delays do occur in a medical environment, our goal is to keep you informed of your progress.
When will I learn the results of my exam?
Because we carefully review each and every image to ensure accuracy the first time, our on-site radiologists typically report exam findings within 24 hours by contacting your physician. It is up to your physician to contact you with the results.