Note changes to our Labor and Delivery and post-partum policies due to the coronavirus pandemic. Please click here to view ongoing news and updates.
COVID-19 Vaccine Recommendations for Pregnant Patients
ACOG: The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) and the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine (SMFM), the two leading organizations representing specialists in obstetric care, recommend that all pregnant individuals be vaccinated against COVID-19.
ACOG Frequesntly Asked Questions: Coronavirus (COVID-19), Pregnancy, and Breastfeeding: A Message for Patients
- COVID-19 vaccination is recommended for all people 12 years and older, including people who are pregnant, breastfeeding, trying to get pregnant now, or might become pregnant in the future.
- Evidence about the safety and effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccination during pregnancy has been growing. These data suggest that the benefits of receiving a COVID-19 vaccine outweigh any known or potential risks of vaccination during pregnancy.
- There is currently no evidence that any vaccines, including COVID-19 vaccines, cause fertility problems in women or men.
- Pregnant and recently pregnant people are more likely to get severely ill with COVID-19 compared with non-pregnant people.
- Getting a COVID-19 vaccine can protect you from severe illness from COVID-19.
NYS DOH: COVID-19 Vaccination Guidance for People who are Pregnant, Lactating, or Planning to Become Pregnant
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), the American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists (ACOG) and the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine (SMFM) recommend that all pregnant individuals be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Crouse Health’s family-centered maternity care goes beyond the expected when you’re expecting. Not just during delivery, but before and after.
More OB physicians and midwives deliver more babies at Crouse than any other upstate New York hospital. And our Baker Regional Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is the highest level center in the region for complicated pregnancies, deliveries and specialized newborn care.
Thankfully, most births go as planned. But it’s reassuring to know our resources are right here if they’re needed.
For the health of both you and your baby, don’t you deserve the Crouse maternity experience?