Welcome to Crouse!
Congratulations! We’re excited you’re joining our team. Our goal is to make your pre-employment process as smooth as possible. Feel free to contact Human Resources at 315-470-7521 for any assistance you may need.
New Hire Appointment
Crouse Hospital needs initial paperwork, including information required by state and federal law, to be completed before you begin working. Please bring these documents with you to your New Hire Paperwork Appointment:
- Two (2) forms of ID (driver’s license, social security card, birth certificate or passport)
- Any relevant professional licensure, registrations and/or certifications
- All educational degrees/diplomas
- Your smile! We will be taking a photo for your employee ID badge at this appointment
Eligible employees will be enrolled in benefits during their scheduled new employee orientation. Please feel free to view your options by clicking here.
You will be scheduled for a pre-employment assessment with our Employee Health Office. This is required to ensure all our employees are able to successfully perform their jobs, as well as to provide the best possible care and service to our patients.
When you visit Employee Health for your pre-employment assessment, please bring the following:
- Health history information – you will be required to complete forms prior to your appointment, please arrive 15 minutes early.
- Driver’s license or another form of photo identification
- Immunization Records, including documentation of:
- Prior PPD skin tests
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella vaccine)
- Tetanus status
- Hepatitis B vaccine history (vaccine is required for all employees working in patient care areas)
- Parental consent form (please note, if you’re under the age of 18, this form needs to be completed for employment)
During your exam in Employee Health, our staff will complete the following:
- Saliva Drug Screening: This screening is in compliance with Crouse Hospital’s drug-free workplace policy. During your drug screen, oral fluids are collected with the use of an applicator placed under the tongue for 3-5 minutes. Please be sure to drink plenty of fluids before the drug screen.
- PPD Skin Test (TB skin test): You will need to stop by Employee Health for a reading within 48-72 hours after this test. You Employee Health provider will give you details.
- Fit Testing for TB Respirator Mask: For those with direct patient contact.
- Physical Examination: Completed to determine ability to perform the requirements and functions of your new position. Depending on your new position, you may also be required to complete a Job Matching Evaluation to demonstrate you are able to physically perform the requirements of the job.
- Immunization Analysis: An assessment of immunization status and the need for booster shots or titers.
All offers of employment are contingent on being cleared by Employee Health based on the above listed criteria. This assessment is completely confidential. Employee Health will not share specific information with the Human Resources department or your new department.